This is the question that you, the commercial baker, should be asking right now.
By using AFT Fluorotec's bakeware coatings, you WILL save substantial amounts of money that will translate directly to your bottom line.
The calculator below, using some relatively simple assumptions, shows how much “hard costs” are saved by using a non-stick PTFE or Teflon® coating as opposed to silicone glaze and/or oil.
Silicone Glaze vs PTFE
Tell us about your Silicone Glazed tins
With no transport costs or downtime to your business whilst each re-glaze is applied
Typically a PTFE coated tin will provide up to ten times the number of bake-and-release cycles of your current Silicone Glazed tins. For example if you currently achieve 350 bake-and-release cycles before a re-glaze is required, you should achieve around 3,500 before you will require a PTFE re-coat.
Considering the purchase price and ongoing costs, pans coated with PTFE non-stick materials are significantly less expensive on a per cycle basis. In addition:
- No grease or oil is needed
- Pan transportation costs for reglazing are significantly reduced (carbon footprint)
- Safer working environment without slippery floors
- Less pan handling, hence less pan damage and repair costs
- More consistent product quality, no black specks from carbonised oil
- Oiling stations and their maintenance are eliminated
- Less fire risks, no carbonised oil in the ovens
- Longer pan lives due to less frequent stripoff and recoating
- Longer product shelf life without the release oil or grease
- No production down time
If you have a question or just want to talk to one of our friendly team - just fill in your details below'