PEEK coated bearing cages are replacing more traditional coatings such as expensive copper and silver. These are generally used to reduce wear. However, tests have shown that at high speeds, PEEK coated cages show no signs of wear long after traditional copper and silver platings have completely worn off.
- Provides an excellent combination of flexibility and strength
- It can operate at high temperature ranges
- PEEK provides high chemical and wear resistance
The beauty of PEEK coatings is they can be added to most existing rollers, needles or ball cages to replace the existing plating.
Benefits of PEEK coated Bearing Cages
- Save money on expensive silver and copper platings
- Reduce wear when used at high speeds
- No need to replace existing cages, simply re-coat them
PEEK coatings can also be used to purely enhance the performance and chemical resistance of existing bearing cages.